Liverpool climbs to 5, Barcelona overtake Real Madrid as world’s richest club [Top 10]
English giants and six time champions League winners Liverpool has climbed to 5 in th world richest club list in a latest ranking by Forbes.
Barcelona have climbed above Real Madrid to take the number one spot in Forbes’ Football Rich List.
Real topped the rankings two years ago, which was the last time the list was published.
However, Barca now have a valuation of $4.76 billion (£3.46bn) to take first place.
Manchester United (£3.05billion) drops out of the top three, while Arsenal climbs further three places.
Premier League champions Liverpool (£2.98billion) are in fifth, with Manchester City,Chelsea and Arsenal ranked sixth, seventh and eighth respectively.
Here’s the full list below, according to Forbes:
1. Barcelona – $4.76billion (£3.46bn)
2. Real Madrid – $4.75billion (£3.46bn)
3. Bayern Munich – $4.22billion (£3.07bn)
4. Manchester United – $4.2billion (£3.06bn)
5. Liverpool – $4.1billion (£2.98bn)
6. Manchester City – $4billion (£2.91bn)
7. Chelsea – $3.2billion (£2.33bn)
8. Arsenal – $2.8billion (£2.04bn)
9. Paris Saint-Germain – $2.5billion (£1.82bn)
10. Tottenham Hotspur