Why Madagascan cure has not arrived Nigeria – FG
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha has revealed why the Madagascan Coronavirus cure has not landed in Nigeria yet.
He also said Nigeria did not ask Madagascar for its Coronavirus herbal medicine.
According to SGF, it was the Madagascan Government that donated the therapy to African countries, adding that the small African country did so in the spirit of love.
Mustapha, who is the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, said this during the daily press briefing of the PTF on Thursday.
He was responding to a question on when the consignment from Madagascar would be expected in the country.
He said, “Nigeria did not ask for the Madagascar solution.
“The Madagascar government decided to airlift quantities meant for African countries ”
He explained that Guinea Bissau received that of all countries in West Africa, reiterating arrangements are being made to evacuate it.
“We didn’t ask for it, but it was taken in the spirit of African brotherly love to Guinea Bissau and we’ve asked our ambassador there to establish the location, the quantity, and he has done that,” he maintained.
“We have to make arrangements for its freighting out of Guinea Bissau, but there are no flights.
“So there are so many things we have to consider. If we are freighting it through air cargo, that has its process.
“So can you please help us explain it to Nigerians that Nigeria did not ask for it. It was brought for West African countries, similarly for other parts of Africa.”
He said evacuating the medicine to Nigeria is not a priority for the PTF now, adding that it would be done in due time.
- First set of Madagascar Coronavirus cure medicine arrives Nigeria
- Ooni Of Ife Blasts Nigerians As Madagascar Finds Coronavirus Cure Using Herbs
- They are rejecting our COVID-19 remedy for being African – Madagascar President
- Coronavirus: Full list of Countries in the world with confirmed cases and their recovery/death tolls
- Madagascar’s COVID Organic: Prove it first – Shehu Sani tells Nigerian govt
- Equatorial Guinea’s Coronavirus recovery rate has increased by 44% from 9 recoveries to 13 in 5 days, after purchasing Madagascar’s Coronavirus medicine
- So far, 92 of Madagascar’s 128 Coronavirus patients have recovered with no deaths as they are using their own medicine to treat the disease