Jamie Rolando Urbina Torres, the popular mayor of a small town in Peru, raised eyebrows in his effort to avoid arrest after he going against curfew rules to go and drink.
Torres was nabbed by police for violating coronavirus lockdown rules while drinking with friends. When officers came to arrest him in the town of Tantará, in the south of the country, he quickly lay down in an open casket and played dead.
Images of the mayor putting on a face mask and lying in the coffin has been trending online.
Police say he violated curfew and social distancing laws in order to drink liquor with his friends, and was even drunk when he was arrested.
meanwhile, It is still dark as to where he and his friends were drinking, or why there were open caskets there.
Torres has previously been accused by locals of taking the virus as a joke and failing to implement safety precautions in the town. Locals say Torres has spent just eight days in the town since the start of the lockdown, and has failed to put in place any local safety measures.
- 9 people dead, 100 more in hospitalised after consuming local gin
- Video: Moment police storm packed church to arrest the pastor for running programmes despite government order banning public gatherings
- COVID-19: France extends lockdown by 30days as death toll hits 15,000
- Mali Announces National Wide Curfew As Two Persons Test Positive To Coronavirus
- Guy Brutally Beating up his Girlfriend While His Friends Laugh (Video)