Nigerians react as Actor Yul Edochie confesses his dad, Pete, beat the hell out of him when he wanted to stop schooling at JSS2
Nollywood actor cum politician, Yul Edochie, has revealed that he received the beating of his life from his father, Pete Edochie, for saying that he wanted to stop schooling at the Junior Secondary School 2 (JSS2) and start selling electrical parts.
Yul, the son of another veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, disclosed that when he was a secondary school students and he saw how his age mates were making money as traders, he decided he did not want to go to school again and he wanted to also open shop and start selling electrical parts.
His comments came as a reaction to the trending video where a father in Zambia beat his son up for failing woefully and missing his Maths and English exams but made a distinction in Music after the father paid over $21,000 as school fees.
Yul Edochie disclosed on his twitter handle that after telling his father to set up a shop for him, his father simply said ‘Ok’ and later invited him to his (father) room. It was then that he got the beating that ‘reset his brain’.
Yul wrote: “In JS2, I told my father I didn’t want to go to school anymore, he should open electrical shop for me. He said ok. He Invited me to his room, locked the door and pulled out his belt.
“He gave me a beating that reset my brain to factory setting. Look at me today. Thank you Dad!
“Doing business is good, handwork is also good, but if you have the opportunity to add education to it, don’t miss it. Education is great.”
However, reacting to his post, many Nigerians said he must have been brave as a child to have got the effrontery to tell Pete Edochie, who exhumes fear in many, that he didn’t want to go to school. See some of the reactions below.
- Nigerian Actor, Yul Edochie Reveals Who His Father, Pete Edochie Named Him After
- Emotional video: Actress Destiny Etiko weeps in the arms of Pete Edochie who paid her a condolence visit
- Pete Edochie Explains on How People Become Gay (Video)
- Yul Edochie’s celebrates first daughter on her 14th birthday reveals he was broke when she was born
- How my father’s name made me lose several acting roles- Yul Edochie
- Kneeling Down To Propose To Your Wife Simply Means Handing Power Over To Her Actor Pet Edochie
- School Teacher Arrested For Defiling His 14-Year Old Students In Ogun State