Nigeria will go into recession if COVID-19 continues beyond six months – Finance Minister, Zainab Ahamed
Zaina Ahmed, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, has said the country will go into recession if the Coronavirus pandemic persists longer than six months.
She made this known when she appeared on Channels TV on Friday March 27.
“We are hopeful that this pandemic will be limited in time. If it is an average of three months, we should be able to close the year with positive growth. But if it goes longer than that – six months, one year – we will go into recession.” she said
- Nigeria already in recession – Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed says
- COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala warns Buhari of coming Economic Recession
- Spain’s Equality Minister tests positive for coronavirus
- No research has linked 5G network with Coronavirus – Isa Pantami, Minister of Communication
- FG Declares Friday And Monday Public Holiday To Celebrate Easter
- Us Ambassador To Burkina Faso Test Positive of Coronavirus
- Davido postpones North America tour over CoronaVirus pandemic