Touching Inspiring story of Nigerian wheelchair basketballer who got married to his dream girl
This is the touching inspiring story of Nigerian-British athlete and popular TV host, Adedoyin Adepitan who contracted Polio at 15 months of age, forcing his parents to move to the UK to enable him a conducive environment to grow in and how he went on to be become successful and marry a gorgeous wife of his dreams.
Adepitan was born in Lagos and got infected with Poliomyelitis when he was just a year and three months old, a virus that affected the use of his left leg.
Due to his health conditions, when he was three years old in 1976, his parents put together all they had, including borrowing from friends and relatives, to move to the UK, a country they felt would be continent to raise a child living with a disability.
That decision would be very significant in his life as he was not only afforded an environment that aided his wonderful potentials, but helped him to achieve everything he wanted to be.
Ade would later play basketball for England and become a popular BBC TV host. According to his biography on his site, he discovered wheelchair basketball at the age of 12 with the help of two physiotherapists, Owen McGhee and Kay Owen, who were working on helping children learn how to be independent using sport.
Ade competed in the 2000 Sydney Paralympics, and with the good media coverage the event got, he has a more robust profile.
Ade went on to represent Britain for five years after the Sydney Paralympics wining a bronze and silver medal at the 2002 and 2005 European championships respectively.
According to his brother’s speech on his wedding day, Ade had dreams that he would become a professional athlete, he did it. He said he would become a journalist, that he achieved too. His other dream was to marry a rock star, he made it by marrying Linda Harrison.
Linda is a beautiful singer, aged 28, whose stage name is Elle Exxe
- WATCH COMEDY VIDEO: MrMacaroni – No Hugging No Touching
- Chacha Eke schools Parents On How To Make Their Children Tell The Truth Always
- COMEDY VIDEO: Taaooma – When You Buy An Expensive Gift For Your Parents
- Touching video of a baby infected with #Coronavirus
- Stronger Love? Davido and Chioma kissing publicly at a night club (Videos)
- “I was really broke, reason my mom died when i was 11years old” – Davido says (Video)
- 50 Cent Trolls Taraji P Henson After calling Him a Racial Embarrassment