US has made it clear that the Nigeria elections were rigged – Atiku
PDP’s 2019 election candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has thanked the U.S for stamping visa restrictions on Nigerians. Alleged to be responsible for, manipulating democracy in Nigeria.
Abubakar thanked the U.S in a statement issued by his Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, on Wednesday in Abuja.
The former vice President, and PDP’s candidate in the February election, commended the U.S for backing the Nigerian people against undemocratic forces.
Atiku pleaded with Nigerians to stay hopeful, adding that the efforts of the people. Who fought for true democracy would not go to waste.
“It seems that day has come. After many months of living in denial, the Buhari regime is now faced with the truth in the form of a US visa ban. On politicians who undermined Nigeria’s democracy,” Atiku said.
“Speaking on the ban, the US State Department in a statement by its spokesman, Morgan Ortagus. On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, stated that ‘we condemn those whose acts of violence, intimidation, or corruption. Harmed Nigerians or undermined the democratic process.’
“Speaking further, Mr. Ortagus said, ‘the Secretary of State is imposing visa restrictions on Nigerians believed to be responsible. For, or complicit in, undermining democracy in Nigeria.
“These individuals have operated with impunity at the expense of the Nigerian people. And undermined democratic principles and human rights.’
“The above statement is a vindication of our position that the 2019 elections were ‘undermined’. By the actions of state actors and institutions.
“We also wish to thank the United States of America for standing with the Nigerian people. Against those whose desire it is to truncate our democracy
- US Government gives reason for imposing visa restrictions on Nigerians
- There is a plan to arrest me – Atiku
- Sagay Counsels Atiku -Don’t Waste Your Time Going To Supreme Court,
- Atiku’s failure to pay his workers’ salaries shows he can’t be Nigerian president – BMO
- Court Dismiss APC’s Argument That Atiku Is Not Nigerian By Birth
- Atiku Abubakar Calls For Nigeria’s Prayers As His Son Tested Positive Of Coronavirus ( COVID-19)
- Buhari reacts after 71 presidential candidates comes against Atiku, PDP